THE BAD – Web blocking and number blocking is not made available in this software. Screenshot feature is not available for android devices.
THE GOOD – GPS fencing feature is present in Mobile Spy which is not present in most other spy software products.
Mobile Spy is just another cell phone spyware for iOS, Android and BlackBerry. The app is on the market since 2003. It is a product of Retina-X Studios, a company offering various tracking apps. Mobile Spy provides major standard features, i.e. call logs and SMS tracking. However, it leaves much to be desired in terms of advanced features and technical support.
Compatibility and Functions
Mobile Spy works with Blackberry, Android and iOS based phones and tablets. The company claims to support even the latest OS versions, including iOS 9.0.2. However, certain features work very slow on new gadgets, so there is a room for improvement.
In terms of monitoring capability, Mobile Spy provides the following options:
- Incoming/outgoing call interception;
- SMS/email tracking;
- Communication logs (social networks, Line, Skype, Viber, Kik);
- Access to received/stored media files;
- Taking photos in stealth mode;
- URL history check (Note that the app does not allow viewing bookmarks);
- Viewing contacts and calendar;
- Key logging;
- SIM Card change alert;
- GPS tracking in real time (this feature is available only for Premium package subscribers).
Parental Control with Mobile Spy
The app has a limited blocking capability. You can block undesired applications and that’s it! There is not much to be done about questionable web content and contacts. So, if you are willing to monitor your children, Mobile Spy is not the most powerful software.
You can contact the company via their Live Chat and get a template answer. Alternatively, you can send them an email and wait for a couple of hours before getting a reply. There is no phone/address available on the website.
The app offers standard features essential for basic monitoring. It allows accessing deleted call/message logs.
- Certain features (call logging, GPS tracking) work only for a limited period of time.
- The app does not operate in stealth mode. After installation, an icon appears on the screen. It’s impossible to remove or hide it.
- Mobile Spy offers limited parental control capability.
- It uses too much data, decreasing battery life.
Is It Worth Trying?
There are two subscription packages available: Basic ($49.97/ per 3 months) and Premium ($64.97/ per 3 months). The price is quite affordable, yet it may be too high for the set of monitoring capabilities provided. Furthermore, some features work only at the beginning and then stop delivering any information.
When compared to the competition, Mobile Spy is deficient in features. The app offers only basic tracking tools, some of which stop working in a couple of days after installation. If you don’t want to pour money down the drain, look for other alternatives.